Following are the minimum requirements for a Fire Fighter. Applicants must meet all minimum requirements as of the date of testing.
- Age – Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Citizenship – U.S. (birth or naturalized). If you are not a United States citizen, your immigration status must be current and must permit you to work a full-time job in this country. If you have questions about your immigration status or work permit, please contact Immigration officials.
- Social Security – Must have a valid Social Security Card.
- Language – Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Current Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Insurance
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Certified by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection as a Basic Fire Fighter and as an EMT-B with the Department of State Health Services
- Pass a Medical Physical and Background Check