Information for the 2023 application process is included below.
- The Mission of the Westlake Fire Department is to preserve life and property by providing community risk reduction and emergency response that exceeds the expectations of our community.
- The Department provides all hazards response service to an approximately 15 square mile response area including the City of Rollingwood, City of West Lake Hills, and areas of Western Travis County. ESD 9 is part of the Regional Automatic Aid Agreement and responds to any incidents it is assigned as the closest emergency unit.
- The Department operates 2 Rescue Engine Companies, a Squad, and a Battalion Chief from two Fire Stations and one temporary station.
- The Department responds to over 2,000 incidents per year
Firefighter Hiring Process Information:
Submit Application by November 4, 2022. Pass a Written Exam, Scheduled for November 11, 2022, at 8:30 a.m. and November 12, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. (Check in begins at 8:00 a.m.) Candidates may complete a physical agility orientation on their written exam date after completing the written exam. If a candidate completes the agility test in the allotted time, the candidate will pass the test and attendance on November 19, 2022 will not be needed.
Pass a Physical Ability Test on November 19, 2022. Candidates that pass the Written Exam and Physical Ability Test will be invited to an oral interview panel – The Interview Panel is scheduled for December 7 and 8, 2022. Click Here for assigned date and time. Top candidates will be invited to a Fire Chief Interview – More Information to Follow After a conditional job offer is made candidates will complete and pass a: NFPA 1582 Medical Evaluation with drug screen NFPA 1582 Occupational Fitness Evaluation Background Check
- Preferred Qualifications that receive additional points in the process:
- Part Time Firefighters serving more than one year – 2 points
- Previous Firefighters who were previously employed that left in good standing within two years – 2 points
- Military Points – Candidates who served in the United States Armed Forces for a minimum of two years with a DD-214 evaluation – 2 points
- Advanced Medical Certification:
- EMT-Intermediate, Advanced EMT, or Paramedic – 2 points
- Cleared to Practice by a Travis County Medical Director Partner (DCPE, OMD, ESDs) – 1 point